What is it?
A business restructure can either be financial or an operational business restructure and often contains elements of both. Business restructure services typically examines opportunities for increasing sales, reducing costs at a micro-level within the business and at a macro-level may involve merger/acquisition or distinct business unit sales or purchase.
Who is it for?
- All businesses would benefit from a periodic review of their financial and operational structure. However, for those businesses whose performance is in decline it is required to arrest the decline and rejuvenate the business.
- For businesses that are currently unviable it is a prerequisite for a rescue and turnaround plan formulated within business restructure services.
- For any business that needs help clearing business debt.
How can Chamberlain & Co help?
The company should instruct an insolvency practitioner such as Chamberlain & Co to advise the directors on the most appropriate actions to take and to provide assistance in their implementation.
The business restructure service process
There are two main forms of business restructure services:
In a financial restructure the funding requirement of the business would be assessed and the funding structure would be optimised to maximise liquidity at least cost.
In an operational restructure the business processes are mapped and benchmarked against peer group best practice to raise performance to class leading levels.
- The financial business restructure maximises the working capital available to the business, whilst the operational restructure eliminates inefficiencies. In combination they enable a business to maximise its profitability and viability within the context of its circumstances.
- Whilst the process initially places some additional demand upon the company’s financial and managerial resources, the payback period of business restructure is normally short and provides an excellent return on capital invested.